Followers

Saturday 17 October 2009

The Knitting and Stitch Show 2009


Last weekend I went to my annual visit to the Knitting and Stitch Show at Alexandra Palace.
I arrived late, both bus & tube problems. I was surprised at the entrance there were 100's of ladybirds flying around (I have been making crocheted ladybirds for a few weeks), of course I decided not to bring my camera with me so these photos are with the camera on my phone. The ladybirds were all different types, red with black spots, yellow with black spots and black with red spots. People were running in to escape them. The first photo is of the entrance wall the tiny spots are the ladybirds.

After buying my ticket (£12.00 this year the price is getting a bit pricey I think) I looked at this display of a knit covered boat including knitted sails.
I did not buy to much, this time I had bought yarn at the Iknit event only a few weeks ago. Texere had nice gimp yarn I have been looking for to make some evening bags, plus very nice linen.

I often see this brand Eucalan in American crochet & knitting magazines, the lady at the stand was very friendly and explained the product was eco-friendly, non-toxic, had natural lavender/ grapefruit/ eucatypus depending of type chosen. Could be used for handwashing or machine and did not need to be rinsed from the garment. I bought some and will try it and see, it does smell good.

I got some nice wire, beads & findings, the bead/ jewellery type stands were very popular and hard to get in to, to see or buy from. I liked the crazy wire company, totally beads and with love crafts

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, I didnt go this year I have to use my stash before I buy anymore yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ladybugs are lucky bugs. So you much be in a streak of luck.

    ReplyDelete